Getting donations will be simple with these charity fundraising ideas!
Are you thinking of hosting your own Beam fundraiser, but not sure where to start? Then you've come to the right place. Here are 12 ideas that put the fun in fundraiser...
1. Organise a sleep out 💤 - It can be hard to imagine what rough sleepers go through on a daily basis. That's why some people have started organising sleep outs - giving up the comfort of their bed for a night or more. Our friends at Centrepoint have some great ideas on how to start.
2. Ask for birthday donations 🎂 - Simple and completely hassle-free, running a fundraiser for your birthday is a no brainer. The joy you get out of helping someone thrive far outweighs the fleeting happiness of receiving a material gift!
3. Host a quiz night 🙋 - Here at Beam we love a good pub quiz. You too? Then put together a quiz night for your friends or even reach out to a local bar to see if they'd be keen to get involved.
4. Do a charity car wash 🚘 - This fundraising technique seems to be far more popular with our friends across the pond. But Brits have cars that need cleaning, too! Enjoy the summer weather, put on some banging tunes and get scrubbing.
5. Get your adrenaline pumping ✈️ - If you've always wanted to try an adrenaline sport but didn't have the courage, fundraising might be just the push you need. You don't need to do it alone - get your friends involved or use it as a team-building exercise at work. The options are practically endless, from skydiving and bungee jumping to canyoning.
6. Hold a charity head shave 💇♀️ - This idea may not be for everyone, but if you're happy to kiss your locks goodbye use the occasion to raise money for a good cause.
7. Organise your own Come Dine With Me 🥘 - Get together a group of your friends or coworkers to cook up a storm and compete for a cash prize. This will then be donated to a charity of the winner's choice (Beam? 😇).
8. Hold a film marathon 🍿 - Immerse yourself in the magical world of your favourite movie or series by hosting a film marathon. From Harry Potter to Lord of the Rings, just pick a franchise you love, stock up on popcorn and invite all your friends.
9. Organise a garage sale 👗 - Declutter your life and raise money for a good cause in one fell swoop with a garage sale. Like they say, one person's trash is another person's treasure!
10. Climb a mountain 🏔 - Whether you keep it domestic with the Three Peaks Challenge or travel abroad to conquer Mount Kilimanjaro, climbing a mountain is a great fundraising activity. Not only will you get to support a cause you believe in - you'll also improve your fitness! �
11. Casual Fridays at the office 💼 - Keep it simple by getting everyone at your office involved in this low-key fundraising activity. All you have to do is each contribute a small amount to a communal fundraising pot.
12. Teach a skill 📚 - Offer to tutor people in something you're good at, in exchange for a charitable donation. Whether you're a maths whiz, a language genius or simply like cooking, you can use your skills for good.